We are currently seeking awesome candidates to join our team! See details below:
Position: Full-time ENVoY Trainer & Coach
Start Date: Summer, 2018
Location: Twin Cities Metro Area, Minnesota
Who we are:
Midwest Educational Consultants is committed to supporting professionals in refining communication skills and empowering people to become even better at what they do. We are committed to reversing the trend of over-training and under-implementing in professional development. Our ability to create lasting relationships with our clients is a unique result of high quality everyday work based on careful communication strategies that yield results in the workplace and beyond.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, skilled, master teachers to be a part of dynamic team of trainers and coaches to launch and support ENVoY implementation in academic settings throughout the Midwest.
Who you are:
- You have an unyielding commitment to teacher support. You know one of the best ways to support students is through high-quality teacher and teacher-leader support. Teacher bashers need not apply.
- People trust you and you don’t let them down. People you barely know spill their deepest and darkest secrets.
- You believe in service to others. Mahatma Gandhi might have been talking about you when he said; “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- You believe in collaboration and at the same time you can thrive flying solo. You’ll work alongside an amazing team of people who work together to help each other grow. Although you are with people all day, you do work independently most of the time.
- You are a problem solver. You embrace the responsibility to make things happen and you have the attitude to get it done.
- You have street smarts and common sense. Yep, that’s important to us.
- You are funny. You like to laugh…. at yourself and at life. Humor is one of our highest values.
- You are ambitious. You set high, yet measurable, goals for yourself and you meet those goals. Every time.
- You love to learn new things and are a high implementer. You are always looking for ways to refine your craft.
- You empower people. People feel better when they are around you. You’re the kind of person people want on their team.
- You are creative. You can take a concept and deliver it in a way that people can understand and own.
- You inquire. Smart people ask questions.
What you’d do:
- Watch amazing teachers work with incredible students.
- Support students by providing the highest quality professional development to their teachers, helping them become even better at what they do.
- Provide empowering feedback that supports growth. Yes… you get your own “green” chair.
- Provide engaging, high-quality ENVoY training, which includes transporting those large easels and poster bags in and out of schools, often.
What you’ve done:
- Gone to college…. Earned your degree in education.
- Worked in a school and taught students… for at least 7 years. Yep, we believe folks supporting teachers should be actual educators who have worked with students. Crazy.
- Taken ENVoY, loved ENVoY, implemented ENVoY, and earned your ENVoY certification (or at least working towards certification or willing to).
- Taught in a variety of settings (buildings, grade levels, etc) with a variety of people.
- Understand the needs of high poverty/urban schools- even better if you’ve worked in one.
- Helped out your colleagues… formally or informally, become even better at their work.
What we offer:
- Full-time salary
- 401 K
- Personal time to foster a balanced life-style
- Dedicated time toward your own professional development- through coaching & training
- Support to reach your goals
- A dynamic team of professionals
How do I apply?
Send a resume and cover letter to Marian via E-mail at the following address: Marian@ManagingTheClassroom.com
Position will remain open until filled.
Initial interviews will be scheduled beginning January 16th, 2018